The oldest residence at Queen’s, Ban Righ Hall was built in 1925 and was the culmination of about 15 years of work by the volunteer members of the Alumnae Association, the association of female Queen's graduates, who entirely planned Ban Righ Hall and raised more than half of the money needed through teas, bake sales, bridge parties and small donations. The term "Ban Righ" is Gaelic for "wife of the King" — or "Queen".
All-female environment with single and double rooms on four floors
Bedrooms range in size from 9.25 x 12 to 12 x 20
Historic residences with interesting room features/sizes
Two large and historic common/study rooms on main level
Direct indoor access to Ban Righ Dining Hall and private dining rooms
Located near hospital and across from Kingston Field